Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday I'm in Love: Ponchos and Capes

This rainy weather is making me think of ponchos and capes.

I had a classmate in college who wore a very pretty poncho when the weather started to get a bit cooler. Her grandmother made it for her, but it wasn't the kind you'd be embarrassed to wear. It looked very fashionable and comfortable. So that's what comes to mind when I think of ponchos.

I especially like them because they are easy to wear (just throw them over your head, &/or slide in arms), hides everything (the arms, bilbil, puson and sometimes even thighs!) and very comfortable (like going out with your favorite blanket over your shoulders). :D During a recent dinner with friends when the subject of how tricky it is to buy clothes for someone else (our spouses) came up, someone mentioned ponchos would be the exception. One size fits most, so that's another plus :D

Back when Store for all Seasons was still open along Shaw Blvd., Mich Dulce had a cape-like top I really liked. It was lavender and beautiful. I decided not to get it because I was looking for an outfit to wear to a graduation (I think Rocky's UP Law grad) and thought it might look odd to wear it amidst all the toga. It's the one I let get away. Sigh. :-)

I wore this in Baguio last year.



And I recently got this from Collezione (sorry I really don't know how to pose.)






I also picked a cape-design christening gown for Marion and her future sibling/s. :-)








***** ***** ***** ***** *****
Promod in SM Cebu (photo taken yesterday :D)












































Stella McCartney Sweater Cape

Stella McCartney Striped Sweater Poncho


Topshop Hooded Poncho

JNY Double Breasted Poncho


Anna Sui Fringed silk poncho



H&M Poncho


 Chloe


Missoni Reversible cape

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Missoni! You really saved the best for last!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yen, Can I totally steal your caption "Friday I'm in Love" for my Friday series on Catholic love stories. Why oh why didn't I think of this?

    ReplyDelete