We flip between Nick Jr. and Disney Junior (which we just added to our cable subscription). I'd say she likes the shows in Nick Jr. more but that channel has shows which I do not want her to watch (like Spongebob and those Doong Doong short cartoons which we both find really disturbing.). I feel Disney Junior is the safer channel to leave her with. Someone usually sits and watch with her but it's happened more than once that I fall asleep while doing so and the next thing I know it's Spongebob or some other Nick Jr. cartoon I don't want her to watch.
Here are the shows she watches according to her preference (more or less):
* She likes it. : She loves being Backpack. When we’re playing she’ll always instruct me to be Map while she’s Backpack.
* I like it. : I love that it teaches her how to follow steps (“First, we need to go thru xxx, then xxx and that’s how we get to xxx!”). I also like that it gets her to participate. (“Put your hands in front of you and dig, dig dig!” or make the animal sounds)
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (Disney Jr.)
* She likes it. : Since we don't catch this too often, when we do she gets so excited (like hopping on the sofa ala Tom Cruise excited). Her favorite is Goofy. At first it was just being really amused with Goofy's bouncing hat (while doing the hotdog dance) now she's such a Goofy fan (and would wear her dad's funky ;p too-big sneakers to "be" Goofy.) Sometimes Pete scares here.
* I like it! : They do a lot of problem solving with Mouskadoer and the Mouskatools. It's all pretty unrealistic, but well, it's a kids' show. :-)
* Marion really likes watching the Minnie Mouse Bow Toons on YouTube. They just started showing it in between shows now so yey!
Special Agent Oso (Disney Jr.)
* She likes it. : She calls him "Olso" and has learned to say "It's all part of the plan... mo-less! (more or less)"
* I like it. : I love doing the 3 special steps. :-)
Bubble Guppies (Nick Jr.)
* She loves Mr. Grouper and sometimes pretends to be Mr. Grouper.
* I love standing up to dance with her (they always have a dance segment) and I love the Lunchtime song and joke (it's usually very pun-ny :D)
Hi-5 (Was in Nick Jr but we watch it on Disney Jr now)
* I like it because it's easy for me to have a conversation with Marion while watching it and we get to get off the sofa and dance around also. I onced told Rocky it was my dream job. I already ham it up that much with Marion, it'd be cool to have all their props also. :D
Ni hao, Kai Lan (Nick Jr.)
* She watches it but she doesn't get excited over it.
* I like it because it teaches a bit of Chinese. :D
Team Umizoomi (Nick Jr.)
* She likes to sing "Pattern power!"
* I like that it teaches her pattern and sequence.
Doc McStuffins (Disney Jr.)
* I don't know if she really understands what's going on but it's a nice, safe show. I should talk to her about this show mroe.
Jungle Junction (Disney Jr.)
* The more obvious things she's learned from this show-- arrows (directions) and the word "junction" (When we're driving around, she'll ask or tell me that we're at a junction.)
* I love the different accents of the characters. :D
Other shows we sometimes catch on Disney Jr.:
a) Dibo the Gift Dragon- Sometimes she'll pretend to be "Dibo with the letter D on his zipper" and ask me for a wish.
b) Jake & the Neverland Pirates- She's scared of Capt. Hook.
c) Tayo the Little Bus
d) Pororo the Little Penguid- She likes to dance with them.
I wish they'd show Word World during the day. The 8:30pm time slot for that show is just too late for us.