Tuesday, June 11, 2013

From the Craft Room: Korker bows

I've had all the supplies to do this for a months now but I just got around to finally doing this now.

Supplies:
a) 1/4" wooden dowels (which I bought online from Casey's Wood Products)
    * These were 3 feet long so I had to get them sawed into 3 pieces to fit into my oven.
b) Wooden clothespin
     * I got a pack for Php25. 
c) Alligator clips
     * I ordered single prong clips from Amazon. They sent me double prong clips by mistake. When I pointed this out to them, they sent me a box of single prong clips and told me I could keep the double prong clips. So that's how I ended up with a whole bunch of clips. ;p
d) Grosgrain ribbons
     * I got some 1/4" and 3/8" ribbons and I couldn't really tell the difference. The plain ones were Php3 or Php4 per yard. The printed ones were Php15- Php18 per yard. I more or less used 1 yard per 12" long dowel.



1. Twist the ribbons around the dowel. Secure it with the clothespin.

2. Bake in the low setting of the oven for 25- 30 minutes.

3. Let cool. And carefully take the ribbons out of the dowel.

4. Cut it into desired length. I cut it into 4 inches.

5. Put the ribbons together. I used 10-12 pieces for each. Tie!

6. Hot glue ribbon around the alligator clip and then the korker. :-)

After these came out of the oven, it took me just a little over an hour to make 12 hair clips. They aren't perfect and I didn't do anything to seal the tips of the ribbons so they might fray a bit. But it will do. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment