1 1/4 cups toasted flour
(use cake flour!)
1/2 cup milk powder
(we've been used skimmed milk powder but full cream & buttermilk are also okay or a combination of the different kinds of milk)
1/2 cup confectioners sugar, sifted
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
(but it's okay also if it's just softened)
additional stuff: matcha powder, crushed cookies, honey-glazed rice crispies
|That's not green mold! That's matcha powder.|
Smiley face polvorons
1. Toast the cake flour. I place it in the biggest pan I have and "rake" the flour around very much like moving sand around in a miniature zen garden. You cannot rush it. So just relax. :-) Since the kids get impatient, I just toast the cake flour ahead of time.
2. Then mix in the milk powder. (Or the confectioner's sugar. I don't think it really matters.) Then do the zen thing again.
3. The mix in the sugar. Then do the zen thing again.
4. If the butter isn't melted, move the dry ingredients to the side of the pan and melt the butter into the middle. When melted, mix it all together.
5. Transfer to a bowl.
6. Toss in whatever you want to toss in. We use matcha powder, crushed cookies, rice crispies.
8. Put in freezer.
We've tried dipping it also in chocolate but I don't have the proper technique to do it so it's always not very pretty and too messy. For that, just melt some chocolate, adjust consistency by putting in some CBS (cocoa butter substitute) and dip the polvoron after taking them out of the freezer.