|1.27.13- Shangrila Mactan|
(Um, just like her Guama & Mom. ;-p)
* "Don't drive fast, Daddy!"
* When it was raining and as soon as we drove out of the parking building: "You need to turn on the wipers, Daddy!"
* While I was driving her along a tree-lined road (Rockwell): "Are you driving fast, Mommy?" No, I'm not. "Because when I looked at the trees and the bushes, they were passing by fast." Oh, it just seems that way because the trees are to our sides. If you look straight ahead, you can tell we're not really going fast. (Um, how do you explain that better?)
* After I pick her up from school, I usually stay home to eat lunch with her before heading out to the office. One day I had to rush to the office so on our way home from her school I told her that the plan was: 1) Bring her home but I will leave right away, 2) I'll go to the office. and 3) I'll come home to read and play with her.
"Mommy, I have another plan."
What is it?
"First, you come home and eat lunch with me. Then you go to the office. Then you come home."
Sorry, darling, I can't stay home to eat lunch with you. I need to go to the office right away.
"But Mommy you NEED to eat lunch."
Oh. I'm just going to eat lunch in the office.
* Jan. 15-- She saw all the ballpens I had in my bag.
"Mommy, you have a whole lot of ballpens."
"I'm going to write Uncle Pete a note."
She said something like, I'm coming soon... next year. But she thought Uncle Pete was in Cebu. I tried to get her message on video but I was too late (she was already distracted by then).
* Jan. 27-- She was all snug in bed with her pillows, stuffed seal, stuffed globe and blanket. Lights out and I was singing her a lullaby (as she requested). When,
"Mommy, I want to see where Uncle Pete lives."
You do? (I thought she meant she wanted to go to New York. I got excited. Haha.)
"Yes, can you point it on my globe?"
Oh.... But don't you want to go there, too?
"No, It's too far."
Jesus, the Superhero
* I read to her the store of how Jesus calmed the storm.
"Jesus is a superhero!"
* "Where does Jesus get his power?"
(I paused for a few seconds and thought carefully on what to say-- from God or He IS God.)
"You don't know the answer, Mommy?"
I know the answer. Jesus is powerful because He IS God.
"Jesus got his power FROM God!"
He IS God, Marion.
* Bad dream (wherein she woke up crying)
"You left me on the road, Mama."
Did I drive away?
"No, you walked away from me."
* Funny dream (wherein she woke up giggling)
"I saw a hippo with animal balloons!"
"And a doggie, too." (Note: She is reading this as a type and insisted I included the doggie. Hello, Marion! And she reminded me to include that "This is what I said in Shangrila.")
* Jan. 29 dream
"Mommy can you buy me a small car? An orange-red car. It's orange but like red also."